The Siemens U.S. Customs Governance Regulatory Team supports Siemens businesses in all customs related matters, ensuring full compliance with applicable customs regulations and internal requirements in an optimal and efficient manner. The Customs Governance Regulatory Advisor provides regulatory expertise and guidance to businesses and internal customers, utilizes automated data driven applications and systems to capitalize on duty saving programs and brings awareness to possible risks of non-compliance.
In this position you will report to the manager of U.S. Customs Governance Regulatory Advisor. You can be based in our Orlando, FL or Norcross, GA office.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support in the implementation of standards of U.S. Import Compliance per Siemens Internal Control Program requirements.
- Interface and collaboration with divisions, locations, subsidiaries, and the Customs Operations teams regarding import procedures and requirements.
- Support and advise Siemens businesses in complex customs valuation topics including, value reconciliation, consignment imports and assists.
- Responsible for the business Quarterly Assist evaluation and declaration process.
- Assist in ensuring Company’s compliance with U.S. laws governing import, export and preferential trade agreement activities.
- Support duty mitigation efforts such as Section 301 Exclusions, Miscellaneous Tariff Bill etc.
- Collaborates with the U.S. Customs Governance team to support inquires and audits by U.S. Customs and Border Protection and other gov’t agencies.
- Support Siemens Supply Chain Security Program (C-TPAT, AEO) by conducting annual Security Risk Assessments activities.
- Assist with the development, implementation and enforcement of guidelines, solutions and plans to optimize processes; and support digitalization efforts in his/her area of responsibility.
- Support M&A activities as needed.
- BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in Customs related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Customs and Regulatory experience.
- Licensed Customs House Broker is a plus.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Maquiladora operations is a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Hands-on Experience with ERPs and compliance management software, preferably SAP.
- Knowledge of excel to analyze data and streamline processes.
- Experience with Integration Point Global Trade Management Tool preferred
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
Job ID: 181698
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.