Synchronous Condenser Operation and Maintenance Station Manager
Siemens seeks a professional Service/ Commissioning engineer that will manage and work at the Synchronous Condenser stations and performing daily, weekly, monthly, and annual inspections for the stations. Responding to all alarms, troubleshooting, and making repairs on the system to provide the highest degree of availability. Completing facility maintenance for the building, building access, HVAC and building management in general as well ground system and auxiliary power. It includes control and protection as well primary equipment like switch gear generator, breakers, transformers, motors and pumps.
· This Station Manager will have assistance personnel also stationed in Amarillo, TX. The resources will be trained on Siemens Control System, Balance of Plant, and Rotating Machinery, thus increasing the availability of the station and reducing downtime through predictive maintenance.
· This position also manages station spare parts inventory, supervises contractors during inspections and repairs, coordinate outages planning resources and interface with local utility.
· On side cyber security side this position will manager facility's cyber assets, perform patch management by testing firmware and updates in a replica system prior to applying necessary firmware and updates to the production system.
· This Station Manager will have budget, schedule and resources responsibility acting as Project Manager of service contracts for SynCons
• Low voltage AC circuits, auxiliary power transformers, battery chargers, lead acid batteries, DC distribution, cooling systems, IGBT switching, DC control and protection circuits, alarm systems, mechanical interlocking arrangements, operator workstations, gate way station, and interface terminals.
• Current transformers, voltage transformers, power transformers, capacitor banks, reactors, filter banks, surge arrestors, bus bar system, grounding system, disconnect and grounding switches, and current and differential protections.
• Support and input to protection and control engineers related to the enhancements of the protection and control applications, philosophies and design.
• Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of processes and or procedures.
• Participate as a team member to develop Service and Commissioning documentation, provide schedule guidance, and outage planning.
• Assist with coordination of test equipment when needed.
• Interface with the Customer as the Siemens representative at site, provide feedback to Sales and Marketing on Customer goals and objectives and maintain the Customer relationship.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Electrical Engineering or Technology Degree or Bachelors’ degree. Electrical Engineering degree is preferred.
• Minimum of five years relevant FACTS (Flexible AC Transmission Substations) and Power Generation engineering commissioning experience in electrical systems
• Ability to read and understand protection and electrical drawings.
• Ability to communicate in English effectively.
• Ability to document work performed, track progress, and administer warranty information as needed.
• Ability to resolve complex problems and work within a team to resolve concerns that may affect more than a single station.
• Ability to independently plan work schedule, task, perform self-quality checks and follow procedures as written.
• knowledge of protective relay concepts, practices and procedures
• Must be a problem solver who can work in a team.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Professional Engineer License.
• Understand major electrical power and industrial system applications for FACTS devices.
• Understand electrical protection, control systems, substation automation, SCADA systems.
• Familiarity of design, integration, installation and testing of electrical control and protection systems or generation, transmission, and distribution.
• Familiarity with control and protection devices.
• Understand protection and control logic.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 181736
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.