Siemens Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers’ operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
In our team, we provide systems engineering support on moderate to complex systems engineering projects and participate in requirements capture; while also developing new requirements based on customer need. You will translate requirements into detailed systems/product speciﬁcations. In addition, you will participate in systems analysis, systems/product validation and veriﬁcation and provide technical support to systems/product users and other partners, providing resolution to engineering problems (HW, SW, Test). You will also implement system enhancements and report on the effectiveness of existing and new systems/products.
- Design complex Transit Systems, Wayside Systems and Grade Crossing Warning Systems using engineering knowledge, customer standards, and State and Federal regulations under minimal supervision.
- Understand current industry signal standards and practices including AREMA recommendations and FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) rules and regulations.
- Prepares proposals and estimates in accordance with customer specifications. Checks less complex designs for accuracy and compliance with customer and regulatory agency requirements.
- Evaluate preliminary engineering and customer requirements to perform, check, and validate hardware and application software design
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, evaluate results, and make recommendations.
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Review vendor capability to support product development, as needed.
- Develop test procedures and test plans according to established company procedures.
- Provide technical leadership on less complex systems.
- Provide technical support to the customer during commissioning of the design of complex systems.
- Perform simulation (verification) of Wayside Train Control System software using tools specific to the type of equipment.
- Perform factory and field testing (validation) of Wayside Train Control System software; install software per hardware plans; test operation of software, record and analyze results; and provide feedback.
- Prepares engineering schedules and budgets in accordance with company estimates and project specifications.
- Fulfill special requests from customers such as special distributions, providing designer sketches, and other additional information as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred with a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in railway signaling industry.
- Proficient using industry specific equipment such as meters, oscilloscope and power supplies.
- Proficient using AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Proficient experience using Test Racks.
- A consistent track record of leading projects that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables.
Qualiﬁed Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualiﬁed Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 181766
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.