Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly
Rural Hall, NC
The Siemens Winston Service Center is seeking an experienced and hands-on Manufacturing Engineer - Machining. A successful candidate in this position will be responsible for developing machining and related processes for the manufacture of new components. The position also provides on-going shop floor support of machining and related processes within Siemens Energy Gas Turbine Service Division.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Development and qualification of machining processes for gas and steam turbine units including components made from stainless steels, bronze, aluminum and super alloy castings
• Development of parameters for machining processes, feeds, speeds, coolant application etc.
• Understand, troubleshoot, and manage N/C and manual equipment, fixtures, cutting tools, holders etc.
• Design and development of tooling for machining processes
• Develop inspection plans and controls for managing and improving capability of the production process.
• Develop work instructions, procedures, key cards, and related manufacturing documentation for machining operations and auxiliary processes (i.e. Grind, Braze and Shotpeen).
• Project leadership of development and qualification projects (scheduling, design of experiments, experimentation, reporting, documentation) with full responsibility for due dates, results and costs associated with your field of activities
• Lead projects through all phases, conception, R&D, qualification, production implementation, and continued production support
• Lead continuous process improvements (analysis, solution finding, implementation) around machining processes and methods
• Work with production personnel to implement, troubleshoot, and improve machining and associated processes
• Collaborate with management, product engineering, peer engineers, and operators to realize high quality, stable processes. Provide data and documentation for product process qualifications (PPQ), work instructions and manufacturing quality control plans.
• Communicate with customers to understand requirements and communicate process deviations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 2-4 year degree in mechanical, manufacturing engineering or similar degree or 2+ years relevant and proven manufacturing technician/engineering experience.
• 5+ years of experience in machining processes
• Skilled in interpretation of product and manufacturing drawings and specifications
• Knowledge in machining processes, utilizing 3, 4, and 5, axis equipment
• Knowledge in identifying, analyzing, and correcting machining process issues such as surface finish, cutter wear, machining process stability, and dimensional control.
• Knowledge in process control for machining as well as in statistical process analysis and design-of-experiments
• Ability to assist in program developments and give recommendations for improvement to ensure capable processes
• Ability to learn and own manufacturing processes for multiple product lines.
• Knowledge in designing and troubleshooting component fixtures
• Knowledge in specifying and troubleshooting cutting tools, holders, and auxiliary supporting systems such as heat shrink and pre-setters
• Knowledge in developing maintenance activities for N/C and supporting systems.
• Knowledge in Siemens NX CAD and product data management within Siemens Teamcenter
• Working knowledge of MS office (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• B.S. or M.S. in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or Similar
• Experience with Minitab
• Knowledge and professional experience in project management
• Flexibility in working non-standard shifts as needed
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Job ID: 181785
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.