ST Commissioning Engineer
Customers around the world trust our products. And field service engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a competent advisor, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you don’t do “unfair.” Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, you will reach one hundred percent in your career.
In this hands-on role, you will report to the Services Manager in the Siemens Field Technology Services group. This is a non-exempt direct contributor position responsible for providing field service and technical services for the HE & KN steam turbine-generators and their associated auxiliary systems. Services will include commissioning, fact finding, trouble shooting, valve stroking and timing, and periodic support of new unit installations.
• Responsible for ensuring that working conditions are always safe.
• Will communicate with Siemens business units and customers to determine requirements and provide support and information to our customers.
• Required to travel frequently to both US based and International customer sites to investigate customer problems.
• Will conduct failure investigations and monitor customer complaints and concerns to ensure the customer receives a satisfactory solution.
• Have flexibility to work overtime based on workload and have the ability to work both independently and within a team environment with the ability to lead the team.
• Will be familiar with mechanical installation and commissioning activity as part of a team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or similar field required.
• 7-10 Years minimum as a system mechanical and/or commissioning engineer on HE & KN steam turbine-generators and associated auxiliary systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software particularly Excel and Word.
• Ability to write detailed technical reports for engineering analysis and review.
• Willingness to travel to customer site with little to no advance notice.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to lead a crew of mechanics.
• Good verbal communication skills with the ability to fluently speak, write, and read in English.
• Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and technical documents.
• Must be able to travel up to 80% of the time.
• Current passport for international travel.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Previous field experience in the Power Generation or Oil and Gas Industries is preferred
• Client facing skills are a valuable plus.
• Existing contacts within the Siemens ST Engineering organizations is beneficial.
• Basic knowledge T3K control system
• Basic knowledge ST operations
• Advanced knowledge, mechanical installation and commissioning of HE & KN steam turbine-generators and associated auxiliary systems
• Existing contacts within the Siemens CT Engineering organizations is beneficial.
• Basic knowledge CT operations
• Advanced knowledge, mechanical installation and commissioning of F, H & V combustion turbine-generators and associated auxiliary systems
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 181786
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.