We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. We build next-generation high speed trains, smart energy networks and support NASA in their explorations of outer space. We need people like you! Experience specialists and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. Help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. So, what are you waiting for? Take your career step with us.
The Transmission Products (TP) business unit located in Richland, MS. is seeking an experienced, self-driven Trainer. As a member of the Strategy & Digitalization team the Trainer will be responsible to schedule and perform individual and group technical and foundational training courses and activities for employees. In this role, you will be expected to drive strong performance in the following objectives: Evaluates and obtains training programs and materials as well as perform trainings and organize. You will report to the Strategy & Digitalization Manager.
• Conducts individual and group technical training courses and activities for
• Evaluates and obtains training programs and materials for shop floor and office employees.
• Organize and perform work instruction updates.
• Understand manufacturing processes by studying product requirements and process requirements.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information trends.
• Change shop floor level work instructions / Check lists to reflect the proposed changes from the lean workshops.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Industrial Engineering degree or similar type preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office required
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Understanding of managing production processes. Production management experience is preferable.
• This is line improvement position so candidate must have experience or desire to do line improvement through Lean and or Six Sigma applications.
• Proactive, self-driven, team player and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 181789
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.