What are my responsibilities?
- Working within the Power Technologies International (PTI) software development team across global locations to develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis
- Developing and maintaining Desktop / Web-based applications and components of the PTI PSS® software portfolio under the direction of the development manager(s)
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Taking responsibilities on Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team,
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in complex software development projects,
- Proven software development experience in Object-Oriented Programming practices,
- Experience with most of the following topics:
- Background in web and cloud application development (e.g. AWS services, .NET Core, Angular)
- Background in desktop application development (e.g. C, C++, Qt),
- Data modeling and management (e.g. file based and/or relational database) ,
- Knowledge on following topics is a plus:
- General Knowledge of Design Patterns, best practices and their usages,
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python),
- Development experience with MS Visual Studio,
- Experience or interest in development with any other languages (e.g. Java, Fortran),
- Configuration Management Systems (e.g. GIT),
- Software life cycle and agile methodologies,
- Continuous integration and continous deployment concepts (e.g. Jenkins),
- Modern C++ (e.g. C++11 and newer editions)
- Performance and memory optimization,
- GIS concepts,
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Team player with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and energetic attitude,
- Eager to learn new technologies and Energy domain know-how,
- Know-how on Energy Distribution and Transmission networks is a plus,
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
What else do I need to know?
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
- Military service should be completed for male candidates or postponed more than 2 years.
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receiving applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
Job ID: 181836
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time