The Corporate Technology Research Group Component Manufacturing and Inspection Technologies is located within the Siemens Energy campus in Charlotte, North Carolina and operates in close contact with various business units within Siemens all over the world.
Our Charlotte facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated employees. You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge in a challenging manufacturing and service environment, directly witnessing the impact of your work. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems.
We are looking for a Research Scientist to advance our team’s activities in area of materials-based system modelling, design and simulation for real-world performance analysis and prediction.
In the role as Research Scientist you will
· Contribute to the Research Group’s strategy and roadmap in the field of modelling and performance prediction, in close interaction with the Research Group Head and Principal Key Expert
· Collaborate with CT Research Groups to extend research scope and integrate into comprehensive solutions
· Develop new concepts, implement into prototypes and present to other experts
· Build Siemens-internal network to acquire and lead research projects to advance the technology and secure innovation
· Participate and lead projects with Siemens businesses, including research & development as well as technical consulting
· Assist developing brand recognition externally by networking with industry experts, attending conferences and partnering with universities in the US
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 5+ years of experience as researcher in the areas of materials related multiphysics simulation and multidisciplinary system modelling with a proven track record in academia, industry or military/government
· PhD degree or Masters Degree with 9+ years experience in Materials Science/Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science
· 3+ years of supervisory or project management experience leading projects in an R&D environment
· Expert knowledge in the development and application of Finite Element/Volume methods for simulation of coupled physical phenomena
· Fluent in the application of commercial multiphysics analysis software solutions
· Capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects
· Excellent interpersonal and English language communication skills (written & verbal.)
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic and international team with a strong customer service orientation
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· PhD degree
· Research in the area of computational fluid dynamics
· Experience with Star CCM+ and/or Simcenter simulation software
· Software engineering background including programming skills in C++
· Experience in design for Additive Manufacturing
· Established networks within US academia/research institutions including public funded project proposal writing
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Job ID: 181954
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.