Are you a forward-thinking and cool headed undergraduate with an eye for engineering and are you ready to secure your next step in the world of Siemens Aero-derivative Gas Turbines (AGT). We believe our summer internship differs from others. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to becoming an engineer? If yes, start your career with us at Siemens.
This is an opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
- Review of real time site data to assist with troubleshooting and investigation
- Working with the worldwide Siemens Engineering teams to develop fixes
- Working with other services teams to agree the best implementation strategy for the customer and for Siemens AGT business
- Presenting issues at the Services gated review process
- Authoring of relevant service documentation
- Collecting data to assist with fleet health statistics and reliability predictions
- Software development and validation with rolling out of software fixes
- Identification of cost reduction opportunities
- Depending on opportunities during the placement, visits to a UK customer site, overhaul facility or training facility to view AGT product hardware will be arranged.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Be studying towards an engineering degree
- Be flexible to deal with changing tasks and priorities
- Have good teamwork and communication skills
- Be a practical person, help to find engineering solutions to real life problems
What else do I need to know?
We offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now!
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £17,500 per annum pro rata. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 181957
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time