Software Engineer – Advanced
Sheffield (Some Office Flexibility)
Lightworks specialises in high-quality 3D visualisation software solutions. From the development and integration of 3D rendering technology, 3D configurators, through to immersive high-quality VR experiences.
The role involves working in a cross-functional, 30-strong team in the Siemens (Lightworks) office to deliver class-leading, interactive environments to enterprise customers to assist with their
design workflows. As the team is growing, we are currently searching for a Software Engineer – Advanced who will help provide our clients with enhanced 3D data visualisation and rendering.
Our new Slipstream product allows large manufacturing companies to automate the translation of CAD data for visualisation within bespoke, auto-generated, immersive environments, and therefore take advantage of the move to reviewing complex designs in virtual reality (VR). Our configuration products manipulate and manage CAD data to supply dynamic, innovative and compelling visualisation tools within various end customer environments. We work with other industry leading partners to deliver the best in 3D technology for use in real-world environments.
The role requires a passion for high-quality software development, a strong problem-solving attitude and an analytical mind. It is expected that the candidate will acquire a broad understanding of our products, their domains, and their application; have the confidence to express ideas as part of a creative, Agile team; have a clear and genuine interest in technological trends; and have the ability to meet deadlines and think creatively about solutions.
- Actively maintain skill-set by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry;
- Collaborating with the product and content teams to develop all aspects of the product experience from a technical perspective;
- Key contributor to the development of technology, systems and tools that support product requirements;
- Identify technical issues and solve complex problems with innovative solutions;
- Maintain code, including troubleshooting, optimization and debugging;
What will I need to qualify?
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Technical subject (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering);
- Advanced knowledge of C++ within a technical environment;
- Knowledge of other programming languages and a broad range of software development tools and processes;
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies, as well as advanced software design techniques;
- Sophisticated problems solving skills;
- Experience of graphics / rendering / 3D geometry – knowledge of web framework or game technology an asset;
- Excellent communication skills.
Job ID: 181996
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time