The Siemens Power Generation Services engages in the servicing of power plants up to and including Operation and Maintenance (O&M) of the customer owner facilitates. Project management of the most modern and at times complex projects including first of a kind products and Digital Solutions are supported through the Integrated Plant Services (IPS) platform within Region North America. Project managers implement major service projects that improve performance and reliability of power plants with Siemens provided equipment. They coordinate with the customer, Engineering, Procurement and the operating plant platform team to ensure products and services exceed quality, schedule, and financial expectations.
• Manages and ensures successful implementation of IPS projects
• Manages complex IPS contract deliverables for Siemens Service Program customers
• Leads the scheduling and coordination of all critical project deliverables to meet cost and time objectives while thoroughly documenting job activities through the required reporting systems
• Primary customer contact for IPS related scope
• Coordinate project tasks with internal core team in all regions (Field Service, Marketing, Sales, LTP, O&M, Finance, Legal, Engineering, Manufacturing, Transportation, etc.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A strong understanding of Power Plant functionality
• 5+ years of experience in Power Plant O&M and Project Management of external contracts
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• PM@Siemens or PMI certified at level PM3, or eligible to commence board certification
• Preferred IT development experience for productivity and collaboration tools (i.e. to manage information and workflow within project teams)
• Strong Communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong Customer Skills (External and Internal)
• Ability to multitask and manage large workloads and business demands
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of customer focus and quality
• Domestic travel up to 20%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182005
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.