We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Maintenance Electronic Technician where you will provide technical support for manufacturing equipment and systems and ensures equipment is properly maintained and operating correctly. This includes diagnosing faults and defects, determining corrective actions and appropriate repairs. In this role you will also perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics of systems to ensure optimal operation. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire. You will be assigned to work on 3rd shift and your training will be conducted on either 1st or 2nd shift until fully qualified in your new role.
What are your responsibilities?
- Perform necessary work of maintaining plant equipment.
- Communicate on a technical level with equipment and/or parts suppliers to obtain information on the repair of and/or the replacement of faulty/defective parts/components.
- Perform minor repair of electronic components.
- Perform calibration and repair of mechanical/electronic systems, i.e. digital readouts for machine /equipment positioning
- Troubleshoot and repair such items as variable speed AC and DC motor control equipment.
- Diagnoses faults and troubleshoot problems using tools such as digital multi-meter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and PLC ladder logic.
- Ability to quickly diagnose problems and offer valid solutions.
- Perform the diagnosis and repair of various types of analog and digital drive systems
- Perform necessary work of maintaining plant electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment.
- Perform the necessary mechanical, electronic, and electrical work required to maintain the machines and process equipment in optimum operating condition.
- Read measuring instruments and complex mechanical, electrical and electronic drawings.
- Implement preventive maintenance measures including execution, completion, and record keeping.
- Communicate effectively with maintenance supervisor and floor supervision.
- Investigate parts availability and write purchase requisitions. Maintains inventory of repair equipment & parts.
- Review assigned work orders on computerized maintenance management system and close work orders as completed.
- Ensure that all maintenance projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or surpass all customer expectations. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of the company's commitment to be the industry’s premier maintenance service provider to our clients. Strict adherence to all OSHA and Siemens safety and work practice policies.
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- 2+ years of experience working is related field
- Completion of an Associate degree or technical degree from an accredited electronics repair program.
- Proof of successful completion (including transcripts) must be provided for consideration of this position
- Possesses knowledge of metalworking manufacturing processes and their related mechanical/electronics/electrical control equipment
What additional knowledge or experience will assist you in this role?
- Detailed training on material handling equipment desirable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-driven
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.