Siemens US Talent Acquisition
This position is for a Quality Engineer 3, reporting to the Quality Process Engineering Manager, with primary responsibility for Process Validation activities in manufacturing. This person will work with cross functional teams to determine validation activities required for projects as well as engineering and process changes. This person will maintain the site Validation Master Plan as well as support the validation roadmap for the site. This role will also support Design Transfer/Change Control projects as needed. This role requires excellent organizational skills, analytical problem solving skills, the ability to effectively communicate at a technical level as well as with management, and in-depth understanding of quality system requirements.
This position will be responsible for being the Quality Assurance lead for Validation as well as supporting Design Transfer and other change projects, including engineering and process change projects.
The person in this role will:
- Maintain the Site Validation Master Plan
- Maintain validation procedures as well as provide validation support and training for the site
- Support validation protocol drafting, approval and validation execution
- Chair Process Change Review Board and Validation Review Board meetings
- Participate in Design Transfer/Change Control projects as the Quality Assurance Core Team Lead
- Lead improvement initiatives for Quality Assurance
- Independently perform full range of standard work
- Identify and resolve more complex problems and apply problems-solving skills in order to handle most situations
- Actively participate in the internal audit process
- Use statistical analysis and risk management techniques
- Provide guidance for process changes, including guidance on validation requirements
- Participate as subject matter expert for validation in internal and external audits
- Lead CAPA investigations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- In-depth working knowledge and practical application of process validation requirements (IQ/OQ/PQ) and TMV, with ability to develop and support creation of protocols and reports
- Proven ability to lead projects
- In-depth knowledge of requirements related to ISO 13485 and FDA QSR
- Experience using problem solving techniques and CAPA investigations
- Strong knowledge of Risk Management and Design Controls/Design Transfer/Change Control
- Experience with product transfers and new product development projects
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Experience working in medical device or regulated industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot tables
- Perform statistical analysis using standard software such as Minitab
- Ability to make decisions and communicate effectively to multiple levels
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering field of study
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Six Sigma Certification preferred
- 5-8 years of successful experience in medical device and quality engineering, and successful demonstration of Responsibilities and Knowledge as listed above
Job ID: 182020
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.