We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Manual Lathe Operator where you will setup and prove out of programs to safely and accurately machine complex parts to print specifications. In this position you will become a member of the collective bargaining Union upon hire. You will be hired to work on 2nd shift and trained on first shift until fully qualified in your new role at our Norwood, OH facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Operation of finish lathe and engine lathe equipment producing complex components to meet customer requirements and production schedule deadlines
- Responsible for safely loading material into machine, loading and measuring necessary tooling
- The lathe operator produces critical parts for the Large Drives product line and reports directly to the Production Supervisor
- Safe Set-up and operation of lathe machine, recording measurements using precision instruments, and producing high tolerance components
- Prove out components created by engineer for accuracy, efficiency, safety, and quality
- Loading predetermined tools into machine and enter tool length offsets
- Determine tool wear offsets
- Interpret drawings
- Make feed and speed adjustments to program for optimized run times
- Maintain a clean work area and perform all duties safely in accordance with company and OSHA guidelines
- Conduct daily checks of machine to ensure functionality
- Material handling using cranes and walk behind trucks
- Record all dimensions of completed parts in labor packet
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience operating and set-up lathe machines
- Ability to recognize improper machine and tool performance
- Ability to use and read micrometers and depth gauges
- Knowledge of decimal and metric system
- Understanding of Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Have a high mechanical aptitude with good math skills
What additional knowledge/experience or training will assist you in this role?
- Experience operating CNC machines in addition to CNC lathes
- Siemens 840D control experience a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-driven
- Familiar with Siemens Shopturn/Shopmill conversational programming
- Completion of an accredited machining education program preferred
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 182022
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.