Assists in the development of project/program plans. Assists in the delivery of routine projects or programs. Assists in routine project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). Assists with technical review of system design and documentation. Assists in continuous improvement activities. May assist in sales activities and client relationship.
small to mid-size commercial fire jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer
acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning,
estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and
warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at
final project completion.
Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field.
- Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required (CAPM with 1 year of being hired).
- Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
- Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience with commercial fire/life safety systems or in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous project management experience.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelors degree preferred.
Job ID: 182028
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.