We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Balance Operator B where you will be responsible for ensuring proper processes and operations are completed to balance rotors and assemble all components required for the manufacturing of a rotor for three phase electric motors. In this position you will become a member of the collective bargaining Union upon hire. You will be hired to work on 2nd shift and trained on first shift until fully qualified in your new role at our Norwood, OH facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Ability to calculate balancing tolerance at each balancing plane in accordance to API-541
- or ISO 1940 standards.
- Operate Balance machines.
- Efficiently perform all duties relative to balancing rotors, fans, armatures, sheave assemblies, impellers, thrust blocks, etc. Operate the balance machine and related equipment.
- Set up balance machine; locate unbalance. Balance by either adding or removing metal.
- Record all required information to tollgate
- Recognize improper machine and tool performance.
- Unit weigh, cut drill, and tap individual balance weights.
- Affix weights with retaining compound, locking tabs or peening based on individual requirements.
- Oil machine. Monitor bearing wear.
- Work with engineers and test to improve balance performance.
- Perform residual unbalance, two and three-plane balance, slow roll test, and trim balance.
- Accurately perform measurements and document items related to amplitude and phase angle and descriptions of characteristics.
- Generate and maintain all necessary balance reports.
- Visually inspect and accept or reject parts for defects, cracks, and improper machine or assembly techniques.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to balancing operations including shaft and finished rotor drawings
- Ability to read a tape measure, calipers, and micrometers
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
What additional knowledge/experience or training will assist you in this role?
- Experience working with large rotating equipment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment requiring machining and measuring of large products
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Job ID: 182030
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.