Under general direction, provides technical product support for Building Automation Systems which meets customer requirements and needs in a timely manner. This role requires exceptional analytical, customer focus, and collaboration with the support team to triage and handle customer issues.
• Manages technical needs in Building Automation Systems and components installed by Siemens branch offices, Independent Field Offices and Dealers.
• Logs, tracks, troubleshoots, and resolves low to medium difficulty technical questions via telephone.
• Updates and maintains integrity of company knowledge database for common issues and their resolutions.
• Keeps knowledge current with new and existing company products, and troubleshooting systems and components installed by Siemens field offices, IFOs, and dealers.
• Completes all necessary internal training programs.
• Writes news articles for company monthly publications to field organization, and service bulletins for common problem/resolution.
• Provides after hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late, and on-call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
• May perform on-site travel, with higher-level engineers to troubleshoot issues with systems and components.
• Under the direction of a higher-level engineer, tests software and hardware patches and solutions provided from product development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Hardware or Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent related experience.
• 1 - 3 years Field Support Engineering experience or other related experience.
• This job is ideally suited for a recent graduate who has great technical skills, interacts well with others, and has effective communication skills.
• Must be able to provide after-hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late and on call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills and exceptional customer service skills necessary.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system and computer networking is a plus.
Proficiency in both English and Spanish Language is required.
Job ID: 182035
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.