Siemens Healthineers Point of Care Diagnostics Business line is a $700M leading provider of handheld and desktop analyzers and consumables, serving the blood gas, urinalysis and diabetes care markets globally. We are part of the Diagnostics segment that, combined with our Imaging segment and Advanced Therapies segment, make up Siemens Healthineers, a $15B world leader in medical diagnostics.
Reporting directly to the Director of Global Planning, the Planner will responsible for leading the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process to effectively balance demand and supply to deliver targeted customer service and inventory performance. This role will be focused on a specific subset of the business and partner directly with those business leaders
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the franchise leadership team to understand strategic and annual business objectives in order to translate them into specific and actionable service level and inventory targets by product and region
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in Sourcing, Manufacturing, Distribution/Logistics, Finance and IT to ensure alignment of goals and targets, efficient communication and escalation channels, and accountability for actions and performance
- Own, enforce and improve the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process within the scope of the Global Point of Care business; direct accountability for finished goods inventory in the distribution centers and matrixed accountability for raw materials and work-in-process inventory in the plants, focusing on the a targeted set of franchises
- Serve as an ambassador for the S&OP process, coaching cross-functional teamwork, problem solving and joint risk decisions
- Collaborate with Business and Regional Sales and Marketing to support demand forecasting of both baseline statistical volume and unique event-based volume changes, and continuously improve forecast accuracy
- Collaborate with Plant Materials Management to support the capacity planning of operational resources (materials/tools/equipment/people) to ensure alignment with demand, proper contingency and surge, and suitable depth of cross-trained talent
- Collaborate with Distribution and Logistics to ensure proper planning parameters are applied, execution is monitored and new requirements are effectively designed into our supply chain flow
- Collaborate with IT to ensure global visibility and smart reporting of inventory, volume and key performance metrics; escalate issues an opportunities for improvement where appropriate
- Contribute to the balanced scorecard that spans Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Performance (SQDIP)
- Promote a quality culture throughout Planning and Operations, enforcing high quality standards in the management of information flow within and between Siemens sites and business entities as it relates to demand, supply and inventory
- Champion the Healthineers Performance System as a means to drive continuous improvement, employee engagement and organizational learning; core methods will include Hoshin Kanri, Value Stream Mapping, Structured Problem Solving, Visual Management, Coaching and Healthy Dialogue
- Execute with discipline and continuously improve daily, weekly and monthly standard work in Planning to ensure proper controls, rigorous analytics and effective decision support reporting
- Contribute to the continuously improving education platform that provides best practice training in Global Supply Chain Planning
Miscellaneous Operational Responsibilities
- Establish and monitor key performance metrics, notably leading indicators
- Stimulate innovation and creative problem solving by welcoming outside-in perspectives; regularly develop ad hoc analyses to address new and evolving business issues
- Promote learning from the past to strengthen and enable proactive planning
- Evaluate performance of direct reports based on leadership and results
- Ensure excellence in product quality, on time delivery, target setting and strategies for realistic new business objectives providing guidance to subordinate teams, where appropriate
- Reports directly to Director of Global Planning
- Regional and Business Sales and Marketing, Plant Materials Management, Distribution & Logistics, IT, Finance
- Innovative thinker who blends strategy, operations, technology, and analytics to produce outstanding business results.
- Honest broker who can hold matrix stakeholders accountable to commitments and resolve conflicts based on facts
- Confident and effective communicator with strong interpersonal and matrix team-management skills, driven to achieve goals and exceed expectations.
- Understands the physics of manufacturing and distribution, as well as the dynamics of demand planning in various market types
- Risk Mitigation orientation, capable of leading scenario planning that yields upside, nominal and downside options
- Financially astute, analytically rigorous, capable of developing frameworks to assess new situations
- Team player
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical major. MBA is preferred.
- 7+ years of general business experience
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Planning of some capacity; some hands on experience in Sourcing, Manufacturing and/or Distribution is preferred
- Prior experience working for a company whose products and processes are FDA regulated is preferred
Job ID: 182041
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.