- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines. Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, trouble shooting and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs. May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity. Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action. Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
- Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch. Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable Associate's degree in Electronics or other related field.
- Associate Degree or 2 year technical degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in building automation controls required
- Strong knowledge of automation systems, mechanical systems, electrical concepts, and building operations.
- Building automation industry engineering and programming background.
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Networking experience in Microsoft products. Sequel server preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and internal/external customer relation skills.
- Information Technology (IT) background.
- Integration experience with BACNET, MODBUS, Etc…
- Control vendor experience preferred. Siemens, Tridium, Johnson, Honeywell, Etc…
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers desired.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 182068
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.