Siemens HEALTHINEERS Canada Job Description
Siemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s Ingenuity for life.
For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2018 (eight times total), one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 (six times total) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2018 (two times total).
Approximately 4,300 employees across Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. We stand for engineering excellence, innovation, reliability and responsibility.
As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has stood for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
The Ultrasound Application Specialist has an overall responsibility for providing pre and post demonstrations of Siemens ultrasound equipment as well as providing on-site technical applications training at customer medical facilities. This role assists in the sales process through product demonstrations and customer interactions to achieve regional and corporate sales marketing goals.
Additionally, you will be responsible in assisting in the growth of our business through promotion of new products and upgrades.
This role reports to the Ultrasound Area Manager Canada within the Healthcare sector.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in ultrasound to support customers as capabilities of products are developed and released.
- Provide expert technical training and deliver excellent customer service.
- Support company goals in all interactions with customers and employees
- Perform pre-sale demonstration for the Siemens ultrasound product line.
- Provide pre-and/or post sales technical product advice for the development and
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of technical proposals including product demonstrations and RFP answers.
- Resolve technical problems and pro-actively maintain the existing customer installed base.
- Coordinate installation support and post-sales consulting.
- Provide follow-up support in disseminating semi-complex technical information on specific applications.
- Works closely with the sales team to optimize product and image quality for the customer.
- Associate degree along with a minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as a sonographer.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus but not a show stopper.
- Must have excellent written, and verbal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrates empathy and aptitude to quickly understand customer needs.
- Dynamic, passionate and collaborative personality.
- Willingness to travel extensively (75% of the time) to support company goals.
- Ideally 2 years of past commercial clinical experience.
- Experience with cardiac ultrasound would be a plus.
- Have an excellent understanding of ultrasound physics and demonstrate the ability to present technology associated with each key platform.
- Cardiac experience.
Job ID: 182086
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.