How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Stator Set Up & Protofer where you will be responsible for accumlating necessary material to support stator wind operation of 3 phase electric motors. You will also be responsible for applying protofer, lacquer sealant and/or magnetic sticks to stator. You will be assigned to work 2nd at our Norwood, Ohio facility. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire. You will be training on first shift until fully qualified in your new role.
What are your responsibilities?
- Accumulate necessary insulation material, coils, core, etc. Use care in handling to avoid damaging insulation.
- Cut slot cell paper for stator winding operation
- Cut top sticks to proper dimension.
- Measure and cut filler sticks for winding operation.
- Set-up and operate protofer press per specified manufacturing method
- Apply protofer per specified manufacturing method.
- Apply lacquer sealent per specified manufacturing method.
- Apply and epoxy magnetic top sticks, per specified manufacturing method
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required such has lifting coils up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to Stators
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
What additional knowledge or experience will assist you in this role?
Experience working with electrical test equipment (resistance meters, hi-pot testers, surge testers, etc.)
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Job ID: 182087
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.