The Accounting Assistant IV will support our Smart Infrastructure business throughout our Pacific Zone. The role will involve internal and external reporting as well as fillings and registrations related to the construction & building services industry. Assist in the preparation and reporting of payroll related activity such as weekly payroll and certified public works payrolls. Monitor and report on unapproved and missing labor hours. Coordinate vendor payment requests as well support the purchase to pay process. Support the customer billing function as needed. Good organizational, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Compile and submit union/non-union weekly payroll
- Prepare public works documents (intents, affidavits, apprenticeship programs, etc.), including certified payroll
- Prepare labor union reports
- Generate checks to pay union, insurance and other related fees
- Coordinate the preparation of lien rights for each new project
- Complete enrollment and updates for customer required insurance programs (OCIP/CCIP)
- Prepare journal entries
the purchase to pay process by:
- Resolving open purchase orders
- Driving for approval of unassigned invoices
- Reporting on the status of purchase and T&E card usage and clearing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Associate's Degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Required experience: Five years’ experience in an accounting or finance capacity.
- Required travel: None
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate as needed as well as work independently.
- Clear and confident communication skills both written and oral in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools; Comfortable with Excel formulas & pivot tables.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
· Three years of SAP experience preferred.
- Construction industry experience.
- Ability to read and understand contracts
Job ID: 182088
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.