The Accounting Assistant IV will support our Smart Infrastructure business throughout our Pacific Zone. The role will involve internal and external reporting as well as fillings and registrations related to the construction & building services industry. Assist in the preparation and reporting of payroll related activity such as weekly payroll and certified public works payrolls. Monitor and report on unapproved and missing labor hours. Coordinate vendor payment requests as well support the purchase to pay process. Support the customer billing function as needed. Good organizational, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Compile and submit union/non-union weekly payroll
- Prepare public works documents (intents, affidavits, apprenticeship programs, etc.), including certified payroll
- Prepare labor union reports
- Generate checks to pay union, insurance and other related fees
- Coordinate the preparation of lien rights for each new project
- Complete enrollment and updates for customer required insurance programs (OCIP/CCIP)
- Prepare journal entries
the purchase to pay process by:
- Resolving open purchase orders
- Driving for approval of unassigned invoices
- Reporting on the status of purchase and T&E card usage and clearing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Associate's Degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Required experience: Five years’ experience in an accounting or finance capacity.
- Required travel: None
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate as needed as well as work independently.
- Clear and confident communication skills both written and oral in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools; Comfortable with Excel formulas & pivot tables.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
· Three years of SAP experience preferred.
- Construction industry experience.
- Ability to read and understand contracts
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Job ID: 182088
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.