We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a CNC Lathe Machinist where you will be assigned to 2nd shift. In this role you will setup and prove out of programs to safely and accurately machine complex parts to print specifications. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire. You will be training on first shift until fully qualified in your new role.
- Operation of high precision equipment producing complex components to meet customer requirements and production schedule deadlines
- Responsible for safely loading material into machine, loading and measuring necessary tooling and proving out conversational and G code programs
- The CNC Lathe operator produces critical parts for the Large Drives product line and reports directly to the Production Supervisor
- Safe Set-up and operation of CNC machines, recording measurements using precision instruments, and producing high tolerance components
- Prove out new programs created by engineer for accuracy, efficiency, safety, and quality
- Loading / unloading necessary tools into machine and enter tool length offsets
- Determine tool wear offsets
- Interpret drawings
- Make feed and speed adjustments to program for optimized run times
- Maintain a clean work area and perform all duties safely in accordance with company and OSHA guidelines
- Conduct daily checks of machine to ensure functionality
- Material handling using cranes and walk behind trucks
- Record all dimensions of completed parts in labor packet
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years operating and set-up experience of CNC lathes or CNC milling machines
- Ability to recognize improper machine and tool performance
- Proficient with understanding G&M code
- Ability to use and read micrometers and depth gauges and dial indicators
- Knowledge of decimal and metric system
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Have a high mechanical aptitude with good math skills
- Experience operating CNC milling machines and CNC lathes
- Siemens 840D control experience a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-driven
- Familiarity with Siemens Shopmill conversational programming a plus
- Completion of an accredited machining education program
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Job ID: 182089
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.