Technical Lead – Cloud Data Warehouse
At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do it. A precise place to learn. A magnificent place to grow. With a 170-year history, Siemens has a strong track record of adapting to help customers power the world in times of change, and today is no different.
You will be a part of the IOT Development Services team for Gas and Power Digitalization at our Pune location.
Why Siemens Gas and Power? We help navigate the world’s most pressing energy challenges.
Ø Our Portfolio: Only company able to support the entire energy value chain
· We are uniquely positioned as the ONLY Company in the world that can provide fully integrated products, solutions, and services along the energy value chain.
· We are innovating and co-creating with you to make fossil energy greener; deliver decentralized, flexible power solutions; manage the complexities of the grid; improve and de-risk aging assets; and much more.
Ø Our Pedigree: 170+ years of increasing power access and reducing emissions. We’ve been a successful pioneer in the energy system since our founding. Today, around 20 percent of the global power generation is based on our technology.
Ø Our People: Our team of over 100 professionals is working on the digital transformation for Gas & Power Services and forms a meaningful part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Here is your role. What part will you play?
· Manage Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse environment
· Manage overall data architecture landscape on cloud (RDS, Aurora, Oracle, Postgre, Redshift, S3, Spectrum, Snowflake)
· Define global data model for structured and unstructured data
· Define overall enterprise data flow, logical and physical architecture for streaming and batch data
· Implement DataOps tools, processes and workflows
· Define and implement data-as-a-service
· Collaborating with the enterprise data management group
· Guide project team members on all architectural topics and in design & implementation consistency against the architecture
· Interfacing with business teams for requirements definition and problem resolution
· Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
· Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
· Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
· Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
· Ensuring the environment meets security and compliance controls
· Working in a diverse multi time-zone environment
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
· B.E. or B.Tech. with 10-15 years of total experience and relevant experience of 4-5 years on big data and cloud
· Hands-on and in-depth experience of working on a cloud data warehouse such Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Exadata or equivalent.
· Proven work experience as a Data Architect or a similar role
· In-depth understanding of database structure principles
· Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
· Expertise in RDBMS and Big Data
· Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
· Competitive compensation
· An opportunity to shape the future of autonomous systems
· World-class researchers and engineers as team members
· We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas & Power Services at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/energy/services.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 182159
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time