Technical Lead Front End
At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do it. A precise place to learn. A magnificent place to grow. With a 170-year history, Siemens has a strong track record of adapting to help customers power the world in times of change, and today is no different.
You will be a part of the IOT Development Services team for Gas and Power Digitalization at our Pune location.
Why Siemens Gas and Power? We help navigate the world’s most pressing energy challenges.
Ø Our Portfolio: Only company able to support the entire energy value chain
· We are uniquely positioned as the ONLY Company in the world that can provide fully integrated products, solutions, and services along the energy value chain.
· We are innovating and co-creating with you to make fossil energy greener; deliver decentralized, flexible power solutions; manage the complexities of the grid; improve and de-risk aging assets; and much more.
Ø Our Pedigree: 170+ years of increasing power access and reducing emissions. We’ve been a successful pioneer in the energy system since our founding. Today, around 20 percent of the global power generation is based on our technology.
Ø Our People: Our team of over 100 professionals is working on the digital transformation for Gas & Power Services and forms a meaningful part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Here is your role. What part will you play?
· Taking complete ownership of multiple application front end interfaces
· Lead a team of junior developers for front-end development
· Communicating and coordinating with global delivery teams for sprint execution
· Strategic understanding of the overall UI/UX roadmap from a digitalization perspective
· Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
· Coordinating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTPlus API
· Coordinating the workflow between the graphic designer and front-end development team
· Understand existing high- and low-level design and actively participate in design reviews
· Participate in code reviews, do Static Code Analysis and Dynamic Code Analysis.
· Configuration Management: Check in, Check out, Branching, Labeling, Merging
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
· B.E. or B.Tech. with 8-10 years of total experience and relevant experience of 2-3 years in EmberJS/AngularJS
· Deep knowledge of EmberJS/AngularJS frameworks and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
· Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
· Ensuring a clear dependency chain, regarding the app logic as well as the file system
· Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps
· Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects and keeping the frame rate above 30fps always
· Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
· Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
· Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
· Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core EmberJS/AngularJS
· Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
· Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks; creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with Protractor (or a well-reasoned alternative)
· Should have significant experience developing working production grade software and maintaining it through a git version control system.
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
· Competitive compensation
· An opportunity to shape the future of autonomous systems
· World-class researchers and engineers as team members
· We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas & Power Services at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/energy/services.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 182171
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time