The Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock team in Southampton are currently recruiting for a T3 Wheel Lathe Technician. This role will operate and maintain the wheel lathe and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the wheel lathe and train wash. This role will be working on a day shift basis.
What are my Responsibilities?
• Wheel re-profiling
• Carry out post tyre turning examinations
• Assist other team members with the development of technical skills
• Maintain the wheel lathe and train wash
• Maintain plant and equipment as required
• Update and maintain the wheel set database and any other records, as directed by the Supervisor
• Undertake train driving duties as required
• Carrying out routine train maintenance and exam work when required
• Undertake any other duties as and when required
• Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations
• Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an impact on Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
What do I need to qualify for the role?
• Must have relevant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
• Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
• Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
• Knowledge of Health and Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
• Ability to use a laptop for diagnostic purposes
• Ability to produce complex, analytical technical reports
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.