For our Sector Company Siemens Gas&Power Service, Distributed Generation and Oil&Gas in Tribogna (GE), we are looking for a Field Service Engineer. The candidate, reporting to the Field Service Manager, will be responsible for the service activities on Industrial Steam Turbine and, possibly and based on his skills, on rotating equipment in general as gas compressor, expanders and gas turbines, to be executed in Field or into the workshop. This position is responsible for performing basic to advanced maintenance functions, procedures, activities and responsibilities associated with working on Industrial Steam Turbine in a range up to 50 MW. Duties include learning from and assisting other senior level technicians with servicing, troubleshooting, installation, and commissioning of rotating equipment and turbomachinery as gas compressors, expanders and steam turbines.
What are my responsibilities?
· Represents the company in a professional manner at all times while providing outstanding customer service that aligns with Siemens Visions and values.
· Responsible for submitting accurate field service reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily.
· Responsible for performance of the job activities in a manner consistent with the project goals and objectives.
· Possess knowledge and ability to diagnose rotating equipment (steam turbines and possibly other rotating equipments) failures.
· All duties and responsibilities could include a large amount of (multi state) travel at short notice including nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Ability to complete, accurate, and timely rebuilds/overhauls of recip. compressors in the field in adverse conditions without supervision.
· Possess knowledge and ability to respond and repair recurring problems and emergency services as needed independently.
· Knowledge and ability to perform mechanical inspection using micrometers, pressure gauges, rotalign, electronic diagnostic equipment and other specialty tools with little to no guidance.
· Must recognize and comply with Health, Safety and Environmental rules and policies that are applicable to each location.
· Other Duties assigned by supervisor.
· Must be able to work under pressure
· Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
· Ability to work in all climates and temperatures to do repairs on equipment.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· At least 5-8 years experience in the role of Field Service Engineer operating on Industrial Steam Turbine
· Experience on others rotating equipment as turbocompressors, expanders and gas turbines is considered a plus.
· Technical Diploma or equivalent
· Fluent in Italian and in English (written and spoken). A third language will be a plus.
· Experience in working with different culture, languages and of educational and customer needs, will be a plus
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data.
For the new GDPR we manage only online applications and we don’t accept CVs by
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
information or questions you can contact:
Via Vipiteno, 4 Milan
Job ID: 182256
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time