As a Consultant in Advanced Analytics with a focus on data science, you are part of the Digital Consulting unit and work at the forefront of industrial digitalization. You'll be responsible for developing and implementing projects across the entire spectrum of data analytics. The solutions you'll be working on extend from Machine Learning and Visual Analytics through to Text Mining, Image Recognition, Process Mining, Automation and many other exciting technologies.
You'll be finding answers to far-reaching questions in different industries and developing successful solutions for both the Siemens Group and the external market. You'll be working on exciting topics like fraud detection, early warning systems, price and sales optimization, material and process flow analysis and many others. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you.
With us, you will have the opportunity to specialize in your field and in related disciplines in these dynamic markets. Grow with us and use your chance to follow successful IOT alumni into leadership positions.
What you'll do
- Work with your project team in close collaboration with clients and internal colleagues from Management Consulting, Operations Consulting and the UX team
- Inspire our customers with innovative technical solutions and implementation based on their needs and support the piloting and implementation of these solutions
- Work on developing and acquiring new client projects in data analytics
- Build ad-hoc analysis and help evaluate and analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data on existing projects
What you'll need
- Comfortable working in programming languages like SQL, Python and R, as well as with frameworks like Tensorflow; experience developing solutions in distributed teams using Version Control tools like GIT
- Skilled in applying algorithmic models and are well acquainted with the proprieties and limits of different models
- Initial experience in the technical implementation of data analysis projects and able to identify and resolve bottle necks and problems
- Initial experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and QlikSense is an advantage
- Excellent university degree (master's/diploma/PhD) in IT, statistics, mathematics, physics, data science/science, machine learning or a related field
- Interest in new technologies in artificial intelligence and digitalization and committed to keeping abreast of changes in this field
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Relevant international work experience preferred (studies abroad, internships, employment)
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at IOT means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.
Job ID: 182277
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.