Join our Fire Alarm Installation Team, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will enhance your long-term career path. We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for a Field Technician with background installing, programming and expanding commercial Fire Alarm Systems. The Field Technician II will support San Antonio, Laredo, Corpus Christi, and customers in South Texas markets.
Provides technical service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
Coordinates with contractors in the process of installing systems.
Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules on a team rotational basis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma / (GED)
- 3+ years experience programming fire alarm systems with the understanding of logic functions (AND, OR, etc)
- TX state Fire Alarm License (FAL)
- Must be willing to travel 40% of the time
- Technical proficiency with tools like multimeter, tone generator, hand tools, etc.
- Understand and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to plan and coordinate with other trades.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and basic computer skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 years leading Fire Alarm installation projects and programming systems.
- Knowledge about multi-node fire alarm network systems
- NICET II in Fire Alarm Systems
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Job ID: 182289
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.