- · Leads the most complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Leads the most complex product and service training to customers.
- · Guides the most complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and completes documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
- · Leads the most complex service or systems calls and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution.
- · Guides assessment of the most complex installation and service of product/equipment performance based on field support data and designs modifications or improvements.
- · May lead the negotiation and administration of service or systems contracts.
- · Performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
- · Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
- · Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system. Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts.
- · Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation. Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
- · Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines. Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on building automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- · Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs. May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- · Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity. Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- · If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action. Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
- · Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch. Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- · Associate's degree in Electronics or other related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- · Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations.
- · Working engineering and programming background preferred. Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
- · Successfully demonstrates leading-edge or extensive knowledge in a technical or specialty area.
- · Generally, 8+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- · Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
- · Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- · Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- · Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- · Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.
Job ID: 182296
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.