Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing and in need of a dynamic Service Sales Manager to lead our Building Automation HVAC Controls/Smart Infrastructure Service Sales Team for the Atlanta Branch which includes the greater Atlanta, GA, area including: Augusta and Macon. In this exciting role, you’ll be responsible for end-user HVAC Controls/Smart Infrastructure and service offerings - Building Automation Sales Management, ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also leading employees to achieve business goals. As Service Sales Manager you will be primarily involved in leading Sales Team growth to overdrive quota, capture new market share, and will have indirect P&L responsibility.
- Lead a team of sales professionals who sell Building Automation products, MAC work, and service contracts tailored to meet our customers’ requirements. Primary customers will be end-users, owners with some contractor relationships. Profitable growth of the business is a major evaluation factor in determining success in the role.
- Work in an open, collaborative, team environment in support of our ownership and customer centric culture.
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to SBT (Siemens Building Technologies). Participates in development of long range sales planning and growth strategies.
- Promote team-selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
- Develop sales employees to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- Be the key sponsor for critical Owners and Siemens Infrastructure accounts.
- Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills including communicating goals and providing performance appraisals.
- Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources, and assessing future potential business.
- Review proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards, and professional quality to meet company and customer objectives.
- Actively participate in senior-level selling to large / key accounts.
- Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts to validate or modify our solution offerings to evolve with our customers’ business objectives.
- Act as a resource to sales employees regarding Siemens Infrastructure’s products, applications and services.
- Maintains trade contacts and actively participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
- Design overall operational objectives and work plans for sales to electrical/general contractors, and owners and delegate assignments to subordinate staff.
- Develop strategy for retention of account base and development of new accounts.
- Manage Electrical, Mechanical, Energy and retrofit projects Service Sales
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Required experience: 10 years of technical experience related to the role.
- Previous sales employee management
- Must have prior sales experience in building technologies, End-User, and Mechanical exposure.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
- Account development and strategic sales skills with which to teach, lead, and coach a sales team.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred 2+ years of sales management and P&L responsibility.
- Preferred local market and industry knowledge.
- Preferred experience with Building Automation, IT networks, access control, mechanical systems, construction, and fast paced working environments.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Other preferences:
- Strong knowledge of services and ROI-related offerings with ability to develop and implement a local sales strategy to achieve growth objectives.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to market, position, and sell cloud-based data-driven service programs, such as fault detection and diagnostics, to existing and new customers.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 182309
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.