Power Electronics Engineer
Electrical Engineer for medium-voltage drives reporting to the Manager of Power and Advanced Development. Responsible to develop, coordinate, lead moderately complex designs for power electronics circuits, magnetic components and control strategies.
· Develop large AC drive, Power Supply and other Power Electronic technologies; introduce new features to enhance existing product line.
· Design, analyze and implement power electronics circuits, magnetic components, and control strategies for large AC drives and power supplies. Analyze effects of complete system operation including AC drive, input power system, output motor and load.
· Develop test methods for design qualification; assist with the product development process from initial design testing to final quality testing; troubleshoot large AC drive failures; evaluate and implement improvement methods.
· Provide technical expertise for failure mode and root cause analysis.
· Interface, communicate and transact and/or lead such projects with other operations, including its foreign contacts, on common development projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Minimum BS degree with 6 years’ experience of related experience, Master’s Degree with 4 years’ experience or PhD Degree with 2 years’ experience (desirable) in Power Electronics and Control, Electrical Engineering
· Experience in design, analysis and development of IGBT based converters, associated control circuits, ac motor control algorithms and magnetics required.
· Experience in control, circuit and system simulators such as Simplorer, Spice and Matlab required.
· Use of FEA Electromagnetic and Thermal/Mechanical design tools such as ANSYS Maxwell 2D/3D a plus.
· Project lead or some supervisory experience a plus.
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 182310
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.