Reporting to the
Engineering Supervisor, this position produces system installation drawings
including floor plans, riser diagrams, system diagrams and layouts using manual
drawing techniques and PC based CAD system (AUTOCAD). Additionally, this
position will be responsible for assembling operation and maintenance manuals
and systems documentation for system owners.
- Prepares system drawings per specifications and plans supplied including point to point wiring diagrams, riser diagrams and floor plans, for systems sold by the branch.
- Prepares voltage drop calculations, load calculations, battery calculations under the direction of the branch engineering staff, for inclusion on system drawings or documentation.
- Assists project management, engineering staff and the service department with technical projects. Performs other related document and drawing tasks as assigned.
- Maintains the required material and supplies required to complete the documentation in the branch, including preparing purchase requisitions for submission to the Engineering Team Leader.
- Maintain the supply of technical and sales literature required to support the system documentation prepared in the branch including submittals and sales proposals.
- Attends and successfully complete training classes and seminars offered by the company and other agencies. Performs administrative tasks as needed to support the Field Branch office.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma required
- 2+ years Drafting / CAD experience
- Understanding in the operation of the latest version of AUTOCAD and AUTOCAD LSP.
- Ability to operate the CAD system and use all feature such as layering techniques, file conversion, and dimensioning Proficient with IBM compatible personal computer and knowledge of DOS and Windows operating systems.
- Familiar with the operation of word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Able to work with blueprints: architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural and site plans.
- Understanding of the standard design symbols common to the fire alarm industry
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Drafting or CAD
- 5+ years Drafting / CAD experience
- Experience using BIM, Revit, CAD ADVANCE, BlueBeam
- Prefer a NICET certification
Job ID: 182313
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.