The warehouse coordinator is responsible for all shipping and receiving activities at the branch warehouse as well as the management and upkeep of the warehouse environment. The warehouse coordinator reports into the regional manager or the warehouse supervisor (if applicable). Additionally, the warehouse coordinator will have daily interaction with branch staff, and acts as a service provider to branch operations – thereby taking some local direction from operations management. Deliveries and coverage of satellite offices is also required.
Job responsibilities and activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Receiving inbound deliveries, moving parts and materials into inventory and/or job stock, picking parts and materials for outbound deliveries, processing all transactions in SAP according to standard procedure, creating shipping papers using the preferred carriers’ software application, supporting the service van parts replenishment process, keeping accurate inventory levels and participating in the inventory count process as dictated by policy/procedure, executing the goods return procedure for the branch, communicating with internal parties to coordinate delivery of parts and materials to meet project/service demand, retaining documentation necessary for follow-up and proof of delivery and inventory, general housekeeping of the warehouse, enforcing and maintain safety in the warehouse, adhering to standard warehouse guidelines, and following the Siemens' policies. Travel to the Portland office and Harvard locations a possible requirement.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· High School Diploma
· Detail oriented, accurate and organized
· Computer skills a must – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook),
· Good written and verbal communication
· Material handling skills/experience – movement of parts and materials (in boxes) using the appropriate handling equipment
· Experience using a forklift (certification needed)
· Safety first attitude
· Customer service approach – responsive and thorough
· Self-directed – ability to work independently (supervised remotely)
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- 3 years experience working in a warehouse in a material handling and logistics function
- Variety of supply chain management experience
- Experience working with cross-functions (e.g. project managers, service technicians)
- Customer service experience
- SAP experience – other SCM related modules (Purchasing, Accounting, Planning, etc.)
Job ID: 182321
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.