Job Title – Repair Shop Supervisor- LA
As the Shop Supervisor you will manage employees while comprehending complex operations. Top-notch communication skills are important to be able to clearly communicate expectations with all members of the team. Your goal as Shop Supervisor is to ensure that products and services are delivered at maximum quality in a profitable manner. By giving clear and timely instructions, the Supervisor oversees the work of other employees to ensure successful completion of tasks.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily schedules and follow up to assure projects are progressing per the Production Schedule
- Schedule tasks for the employees to meet requested internal and external delivery dates
- Chair the pre-shift Safety Tool Box talk / scheduling meeting with shop employees
- Manage the communication between different departments
- Oversee shift change communication and scheduling of work between Shift 1 and Shift 2.
- Approve Kronos hours daily, assure employees time for the day is charged to the proper Project and task
- Provide hours for scope of work to CSM/PE/RNA Quote Team
- Positively direct employees to complete tasks efficiently and on-time, meeting quoted hours for the task
- Generate / review clear and descriptive GSWI / NSWI.
- Ensure employees understand work instructions clearly, including allowable time lines and completion targets for all tasks
- Monitor team productivity and provide performance evaluations, constructive feedback, mentorship, and discipline as needed
- Lead the safety culture in the shop and follow processes and procedures as defined by the Siemens HSE Department
- Dedication to maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing Siemens Quality Stop Work standards
- High School Diploma
- 5 years in Supervising Mechanics / Millwrights
- Experience with the following: Dis-assembly / Assembly, Standard
- Understanding in Repair Processes for turbomachinery (Centrifugal/ Recip. Compressors and Steam Turbines)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182334
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.