Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ensures compliance with Limits of Authority (LoA) guidelines for all the commercial aspects and performing boundary condition checks with the HQ / Zone.
- Leading the contract review, recommending modifications while involving legal and negotiating it with the customer along sales maximizing the profit and reducing the exposure.
- Coordinating with sales for the upcoming opportunities / sales funnel to align the preparation for the LoA observing the bid submission timeline.
- Performing all commercial duties at the offer stage related to due diligence, tax, hedging etc. using necessary applications like DAMEX, PATAC, LoA tool, CO DD etc.
- Customer Order Booking (Attending project hand-over meetings, reviewing order entry calculation, ensure completeness of order hand over documentation and evaluate delivery/performance requirements, create WBS / Sales Order in Spiridon, issue performance / advance guarantees, arranging L/C, negotiating L/C clauses with customer, requesting down payments etc...)
- Financial/commercial management of project(s) with the aim of finishing the project(s) in the given time, budget and quality framework with the greatest possible positive profit.
- Ensures the accuracy of project books and record, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP, PMCT - ensures compliance with Siemens-FRG plus the local IFRS.
- Ensures continuous Project Reporting and Controlling activities (review meetings, OCC check actual vs plan cost etc.)
- Together with the PM proactively sets up a contract and claim management in the project.
- Supports the PM in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities - taking over the full responsibility in this regard with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities
- Drives and implement process improvements (e.g. Implementing lessons learnt etc.). Ensuring control and checks are documented throughout the project lifecycle and the quality gates.
- Determines any month end postings necessary to reflect accurate month end results of the projects and consistent revenue recognition (e.g. Warranty provisions, accruals, internal order cost transfers etc.)
- Monitors excess cost and invoicing to Customer (arrange and ensure availability of supporting documents for invoicing to customer, invoice creation in SAP and submission to customer, follow-up for payments from customer, credit notes processing, preparation and submission of L/C invoices and related documents as per L/C requirements, coordination with Finance for submission to bank, follow-ups with customer in case of discrepancies etc...)
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, commercial or related discipline. Masters degree is preferred.
- Experience in commercial project management is mandatory.
- Experience in people management, working with multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Previous experience identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities.
- Previous experience using SAP is essential.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 182341
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time