We have an exciting opportunity to join our Service Operations team as part of the Repair & Overhaul function. This role will interact with a single key Repair & Overhaul supplier and will be based at an office within their organisation servicing the Aero Derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) Product Line. The Aero Derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) business is within Power Generation Services Division.
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
- Process sales orders and other documents through the relevant company ERP system within agreed time-scales.
- Build customer relationships, have the accountability and responsibility for developing a successful long-term relationship with our customer by fully understanding their organisational, commercial and operational needs.
- Communicate the progress/plan that meets the customers’ requirements, resolving issues or escalating problems within agreed timescales.
- Handling all enquiries and instructions efficiently to ascertain and meet customers’ requirements.
- Organise incoming orders with a sense of urgency to ensure orders are processes by required deadlines.
- Actively support parts forecasting in team in developing and maintaining accurate material usage and inventory levels for R&O organisation.
- Monitor and report the performance of material supply including TRT, cost and quality.
- Liaise with vendors to maintain a sufficient stock of standard and single use parts on site.
- Liaise and follow up with internal departments/functions to ensure customer’s needs are met in a timely manner.
- Pro-actively search for methods of improvement for the customer and the business.
- Work closely with R&O material and engineering teams to establish best practices and robust processes between the two organisations.
- Liaise with immediate manager/super user to establish training needs on a regular basis to maintain knowledge adequate for performing all required functions.
- Be an ambassador for Siemens to all external and internal customers.
- Promote a positive and responsive attitude to all customer requirements, investigating causes and proposing solutions to the organisation.
- Monitor the level of customer satisfaction at regular intervals. Ensure where necessary, corrective action is taken, root causes are determined and eliminated where possible.
- Organise and chair appropriate meetings with the customer, ensuring a high level of customer service is achieved.
- Operate within the bounds of the company’s compliance system – continually look for improvement to systems and make recommendations.
- Have a clear understanding of Export, Control and Customs compliance. This includes keeping up to date with current regulations and limitations within different customer relationships.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Good working knowledge of the Supply Chain particularly with respect to Customer interaction, Operational Customs/Excise controls, Quality Standards and Business Acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, maintaining a professional and organised approach.
- It is desirable to be degree qualified within a Supply Chain discipline.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft applications and experience of SAP is highly desirable.
- Accuracy & attention to detail when working towards tight deadlines.
- Previous experience of order processing/customer service skills preferred.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. Its Gas Turbine businesses are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
This role forms part of the Power Services division and is the world’s leading supplier of products, services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises of highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables, power transmission and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
Job ID: 182344
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time