Do you want to be part of a unique and exciting project to drive the rapid expansion of power generation business in a growing market?
The world of energy is changing at an ever-faster pace, driven largely by 4 megatrends which are disrupting conventional business models for the provision of energy: decarbonization, decentralization, digitalization and democratization.
The Siemens Engine Business is right at the center of that paradigm shift. More than ever variable renewable calls for more flexible, localized power generation, and decarbonization calls for more efficient use of resources. Built on 50 years of history in engine technology, the Siemens Engine Business takes the pedigree and technology of Guascor and marries it with the global reach and brand strength of Siemens, with the bold objective of increasing market share four-fold over five years.
With products in the range of 0.5MW – 2MW, and several best-in-class applications, the Siemens Engine Business is well placed in the markets of flexible power, CHP and energy from waste.
The Siemens Engine Business relies on a network of business partners to sell and service its engines and we are looking for a highly motivated candidate to develop a newly Product Integrity Manager (Customer Quality) created department. The role will be a leadership position with a team of people and reporting to the Operations Director.
The Product Integrity (Customer Quality) department will play a key role in our mission statement, and that is “to deliver quality and satisfaction of our customers” around the world. He or she will support the customer to ensure on-going quality excellence and act as a pivotal point between Siemens Engine Business and the customer. He or she will be focus on New Equipment and Spare Parts for the customer, working in collaboration with the Order / Project Manager and will carry out root cause analysis and resolution for quality and customer issues.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To provide a first point of contact for the Customer about quality related issues. Collect root cause analysis data and provide corrective feedback to prevent product quality issues. Support new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds. Work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support. Work on many phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects with results impacting on project completion. Work mostly independently under general supervision, reviewed at project milestones and/or on completion by Operations Director.
General and Task Management
- Create a new bold vision for product quality within Siemens Engines, and lead the creation of a culture that puts quality and attention to detail at the heart of the business.
- Build strong, working relationships with major customer stakeholders and in-house development teams to ensure complete and transparent communication and support.
- Coordinate activities to evaluate and resolve sometimes technically challenging engineering and quality-related problems encountered in the products in field.
- Determine and collect relevant data for product and installation improvements to understand any problems and decide when to appropriately escalate issues.
- Investigate failure reports related to defective, damaged or malfunctioning parts, assemblies, equipment or systems to determine nature and scope of problem that the customer is experiencing.
- Initiate actions of containment and investigate the fault and extent of potential recall, including the anomalies identification on engineering drawings back to the design function or processes
- Drive improvements in product or production process to deliver better quality outcomes.
- Drive internal transparency of the main product related issues and establish and own a Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) scheme.
- Evaluate findings to formulate corrective action plan and coordinate implementation
- Organize and manage any re-work of customer products that may be necessary
- Report into the customer what the root causes were to quality issues, the containment measures and corrective actions taken to ensure resolution
- Assist with training of quality awareness
- Monitor and report on quality customer KPIs
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke, and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) and represent the customer’s views
- Manage and coordinate customer failures and warranty costs
- Undertake special projects as required and contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Independently determine approach and assigned tasks people management
Relationship and Self-Management:
- Provide advice and guidance to management teams as required
- Communicate efficiently with the customer
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, and other service providers
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Develop technical relationships with the customer and business partners
- Comply with the Environmental, Health and Safety Policies
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- Actively committed to team development
- Is self-aware and shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimize quality costs and maximize customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Ensure incoming materials meet required quality standards.
Examine, measure, inspect and/or test defective part for conformance to engineering design drawings or blueprint specifications using precision measuring and testing equipment
Skills and Attributes:
- A proven leader, able to shape hearts and minds and create culture.
- Team management experience would be beneficial.
- A change agent, driven, self-starter.
- Work independently and is reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision
- Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of the engine business
- Strong knowledge of FMEA, quality systems and Lean Management
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with special ability to present data effectively
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Team working skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
Qualifications, experience and others:
· Relevant engineering degree with previous experience of at least 5 years in a Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, preferably automotive. Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers, Excellent oral and written communication skills: English and Spanish is a prerequisite, Experience with reciprocating engines is a plus, 10-25% of time travelling
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 182349
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: SIEMENS ENGINES SA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time