We are currently looking for a Stores Supervisor to join Siemens Rolling Stock in our Three Bridges depot in Crawley.
Reporting to the Stores Manager, your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the general management of materials is in accordance with the defined procedures and the Stores operation meets the requirement of the Production plan.
We are looking for someone with previous experience in a warehouse / stores environment and experience in supervising teams.
What are your responsibilities?
- Stock control utilizing the stock management system; receive, dispatch, inspect and issue materials
- Update the relative order/materials databases and ensure Stores security is maintained
- Monitor status of depot fire equipment
- Assist technical staff in the identification of materials and raise order requests
- Receive local SAP orders on behalf of all depot personnel and distribute as required
- Control and monitor the automatic store reorder levels of stock items
- Assembling, packing materials/goods according to logistical demands/programs in order to support timely handing of the dispatch orders
- Loading and unloading of the trucks in a careful manner in order to ensure the released goods are moved and stored without damage and in line with manual guidelines
- Daily and weekly checks of all technical devices and systems used for handling materials are carried out in order to ensure a high safety standard and long economic life-time
- Completing regular checks of the different storage facilities by using visual checks and testing storage conditions such as environment, weight, size, type of goods in order to ensure that the material is stored correctly and if necessary to able to take corrective action at an early stage
- Ensuring that materials are picked in accordance to the maintenance exams of the trains and that the items are delivered from the Stores, taking into consideration legislation and procedures, are supplied in good time to the receiving units
- Request outside agencies for transportation of material through authorised accounts to move material to other depot/suppliers
- Collaboration with internal / external customer to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit. Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities
- Implement safe systems and controls within y our area of responsibility. Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rolling Stock HSQE policies.
- Maintain Stores Coordinator knowledge and effectiveness through active training; lead and direct the stores team on a daily basis
- Maintain and distribute KPIs (key performance indicators) to enhance the effective running of materials
- Support the manager in maintaining the logistical effectiveness of the Stores in line with supporting production plan
- Interfaces with the Head of Rolling Stock materials and direct reports; Materials, Fleet Delivery Managers internally and Unipart Rail and other external suppliers.
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good track record of Supervising personnel
- Warehouse and/or logistical experience
- Driving License
- Fork Lift License
- Previous experience in a Stores role
- Basic engineering knowledge
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking and talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 182375
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time