Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure RSS team as a Project Accountant / Commercial Project Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
You will be working within the RSS division, with budget responsibility for a portfolio of multi million GBP/EUR projects, in partnership with the Project Managers.
The position is based in our Frimley office, which offers fantastic facilities such as a gym, free parking and great canteen.
It’s exceptionally important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
- We are looking for someone with experience in maintaining appropriate project cost control methodologies to ensure that project outcomes are met and that any cost impacts are identified quickly
- You will ensure the accuracy of our books and records in respect of project financials
- Reviewing customer and sub-contractor contract requirements from an execution perspective and lead claim and change order management
- You manage project risks/opportunities, claims, milestones, accounts receivable/ -payable and cashflow
- Monthly forecasting of projects financials across all key financial KPIs
- Supporting Business Unit reporting, controlling and supporting project procurement activities
- When required, you will support internal & external audits as required!
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds!
- We would like to speak to people with previous experience in a similar role, with a qualification in a financial / accounting field or equivalent working experience
- You will have a detailed understanding of project controlling, accounting / finance (FRGs), contract & subcontract management
- Experience of working with project teams supporting multiple projects and project managers
- Proficient in accounting standards, especially those related to a project environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications, main focus on Excel
- Experience in SAP MM, FI and Business Warehouse preferred
- Confident communication and presentation skills, with a customer centric focus
- CPM Certification S or C, NEC and JCT contract experience preferred
- Experience in working on Solutions-Projects with construction content would be a huge advantage
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit outstanding minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 182421
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time