We have an immediate opening in Charlotte, NC for a research scientist with a focus on applying knowledge in programming languages and system engineering to new areas in engineering, automation and robotics.
- Developing a multi-disciplinary line of research and translating research results into practical applications and prototypes
- Scouting and evaluating new engineering software technologies that can be used in industrial environments and critical infrastructure
- Defining and leading research projects, including technical supervision of software engineers and interns
- Seeking support and advocacy from appropriate Siemens business units on potential use cases
- Transferring research results to Siemens business units for product implementations
- Advising management and business units on disruptive technologies related to Engineering
- Developing successful research proposals for external funding that align with Siemens’ strategic direction in collaboration with leading academic institutions and government agencies
- Generating high-quality invention disclosures and patent applications
- Building up a network of collaboration partners in Siemens business units and in US universities
What skills are needed to qualify for this position?
- PhD required in Information Technology, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 2+ years of related professional or industrial internship experience.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following: automation, optimization, embedded systems, robotics, AI, machine learning.
- Experience designing and implementing software for production systems or robotics
- Experience with ROS and one or more machine learning tools (Caffe, Tensor Flow, Theano)
- Experience solving a real-world problem in a professional environment with software you wrote yourself
- Experience in creating a new programming language (object oriented programming experience will be preferred) and compiling it into executable code
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Collaborates well in an international and multi-cultural team environment
- Will substantially contribute to several projects at the same time
Job ID: 182427
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.