Siemens is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support our Fire Solutions team in Cypress CA. This office-based role designs Life Safety Systems (focusing on fire alarms) utilizing company products to meet requirements of the Siemens, local authorities, UL, and NFPA Standards and Guidelines. These designs are created for the incorporation of other low voltage systems including security systems, card access systems, sound systems, nurse call, intercom systems, and CCTV/MATV systems as needed.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
· Designs fire detection and security systems and verifies documentation produced by a Drafter.
· Verifies the sales estimate for equipment requirements and system design and configuration.
· Ensures the implementation and utilization of the Engineering Best Practices.
· Develops drawings, wiring diagrams, operating instructions, sequence of operations, and assembly or installation instruction for the installation and commissioning of systems.
· Ensures technical accuracy, content, assembly, and coordination of technical submittals to architects, engineers, and authorities having jurisdiction. Maintains records relating to the design, installation, programming, and commissioning of the systems designed.
· Provides technical support to field technicians in solving technical, programming, mechanical, or other problems relating to the commissioning of Life Safety systems.
· Maintains library of technical information and other related data pertaining to all fire codes and standards, other local codes, and all systems available to the branch.
· Communicates with Fire Departments and other local AHJs for system design and installation approvals.
· Performs OTC (Over-The-Counter) plan reviews and plan submittals for projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Two years of experience using AutoCAD software in the design, installation, or maintenance of Fire Safety Products.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Fire Engineering
- Other preferences:
- NICET Level 2 or higher in Fire Alarm Systems
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.