SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings, and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships? This is the career for you!
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Fire and Security Sales Manager to lead, manage, and develop a team of sales professionals. Fire business line growth focused on driving Fire Alarm in new construction and driving life cycle and value-based services such as system migrations, fire alarm service, and sprinkler services directly to end-users/owners, electrical contractors, and indirectly through architecture and engineering firms. Security business line focused on driving new construction, life cycle, and value-based services such as access control, networked video, analytics, security as a service, and proven outcomes services directly to end-users/owners, electrical contractors, general contractors and indirectly through architecture and engineering firms. The position manages the St. Louis Branch and Central Illinois markets. The Sales Manager sits in the St. Louis Branch located in Maryland Heights, Missouri and reports to the St. Louis Branch General Manager. The Fire and Security Sales Manager has direct management responsibility for the Fire and Security Sales Teams.
The ideal candidate has core Sales experience in direct to end-user/owner Fire Life Safety Sales. Also, the ideal candidate should have experience managing and developing employees and bring existing relationships in the local market and a proven track record of success in end-user/owner Fire Alarm System and Service Sales.
- A Manager incentive plan is offered in addition to a market competitive salary.
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, and generous Paid Time Off, all of which start from Day One of employment.
- Managers use a Quick ramp-up time training with Siemens new Ready To Sell Development Program for all sales hires: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
· Strong leadership skills with a passion for team building focused on finding and hiring top talent, development of employees, and long-term retention.
· Strong end-user/owner relationship management skills including customer satisfaction and customer complaint resolution.
· To embrace and lead an ownership culture which embodies accountability, empowerment, teamwork and collaboration.
· With a strong knowledge in sales be able to develop and lead a team of sales professionals to be strategic, innovative thinkers developing Fire Safety and life cycle service solutions for our customers.
· Possess the ability to coach a sales team on how to create customer need and drive business closed within a new and existing customer base.
· Be able to articulate
· Collaborate with other Siemens sales groups such as Automation, Energy, and IoT sales to expand Siemens position.
· Actively participate in senior-level selling on strategic projects or accounts as well as maintain senior-level relationships with existing owner / end user customers.
· Be actively involved in meetings, presentations and entertainment events with customers.
· Develop and implement a sales and marketing plan to drive market awareness and growth to meet business objectives.
· Actively seek out and leverage resources (tools, best practices, subject matter experts) within the company to drive innovation and new offerings.
· Key performance metrics include growth of: service contract base and consultative end-user/owner projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on engineering, management or IT preferred, although a combination of education and directly related work experience will also be considered. (Minimum education is a Bachelor’s Degree.)
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Master’s Degree.
- Technical proficiency in IT, building technologies, demand side energy management and other related components
- Successful history of managing and developing a team.
As part of our recruiting process, if you are selected to move forward, our Talent Acquisition Recruiter will be reaching out to you to complete a digital interview. Our OnDemand Digital Interview will allow you to showcase your sales skills beyond your resume at your convenience!
Job ID: 182459
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.