Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Senior Systems Specialist to support our Building Automation business in Boston, MA. Reporting into the Canton, MA office, the Senior Systems Specialist coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed.
Under minimal supervision, performs commissioning and start-up of HVAC and Building systems including troubleshooting of systems on moderate complex systems.
· Provides updated control drawings of field changes and discrepancies for final engineering drawings.
· Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the client for training needs as required.
· Compiles job documentation, such as a certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
· Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in Siemens.
· Temperature control automation experience a plus
· Computer, Electronic, Electrical Knowledge and or experience a plus
· Interpersonal and writing skills
• Lead Building Automation Technician on installation projects, handles complex projects, direct day to day onsite representative of our company, coordinates between trades, writes code, builds database/graphics/etc., loads software/sets up PC’s/servers, integrator for multiple electronic control and monitoring systems, performs start up, point check out, commissioning and owner training.
• Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
• Verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution.
• Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance.
• Schedules with trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
• Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
• Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation product knowledge.
• 8+ years experience as a Building Automation Controls Technician or Specialist is required, although candidates with less directly related experience will also be considered.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
• Proven technical aptitude relatable to building automation controls.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience installing, programming, and servicing building automation controls systems preferred; candidates with such experience will receive preference over candidates with other electrical/mechanical skills.
• Proven leadership of project teams in a construction environment preferred.
• Ability to interface with other trades on the jobsite a must.
• Integration experience such as Modbus and BacNet a plus.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle
• IT experience a plus.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Job ID: 182485
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.