Healthcare Limited, we are passionate about
improving the way healthcare
is delivered through the powerful combination
of world-class technology and
evidence-based medical knowledge.
We are a customer focused organization, always striving to find solutions to improve quality, utilization and productivity in healthcare. We offer a hard-working, yet fun-loving culture fostered by vision,
openness, respect, and a drive to succeed. We aren’t looking for people who just want a “job”; we want people who are dedicated to doing meaningful work that will make a difference.
Siemens Healthcare Limited is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times, one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five times and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2016.
For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens Healthcare Limited has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
Siemens Healthcare Limited in Canada has stood for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Project Manager is responsible for
the control of projects of various sizes and
with globally distributed resources in budget ranges from tens of thousands
of Euros for small projects up to multi-
million Euros for large projects. The Project Manager is responsible for results across all project phases from the inception to the release of the product.
Lead the projects through all Product Lifecycle Management phases. This includes the project
setup and planning, driving and controlling the execution.
Ensure achievement of the project milestones with regard to
schedule, cost, content and
Manage multiple projects and initiatives within the portfolio
based on an Agile-type delivery
methodology with Scrum.
Ability to, individually and with a team, evaluate information
gathered from multiple sources
and translate into detailed project and resource plans, along with tracking and managing the
completion task, milestone and project phase deliverables.
· Report the project status to management and other stakeholders.
· Manage change requests with regard to project goals (schedule, cost, content and quality).
· Drive implementation of downstream activities (e.g. Supply Chain Management, Service,
· Regulatory approvals) to ensure the rollout of product.
· Manage project risks and issues including identification, evaluation, setup, execution and controlling of measures.
· Manage and drive escalations for conflicting situations.
· Ensure compliance of the project execution, e.g. process adherence and completeness/correctness.
· Identify and drive implementation of improvements within the project.
Experience and Attributes:
You have experience in a Project Management role. Your exceptional ability to keep a team focused on achieving the expected project results within the dimensions of schedule, cost, content and quality will allow you to become a key part of our team.
We are more interested in finding someone who will be a good fit than finding someone with the right amount of experience. If you are an intermediate or senior project manager, we have projects you can lead immediately. If you are junior, you will work directly with our current project manager and be mentored as you develop additional skills.
· An excellent communicator who is experienced in anticipating risk and working on countermeasures, capable of working under changing conditions, strong in assertiveness, strong analysis skills, keen attention to detail, and excellent mediation skills.
· A good understanding of various product management methodologies and when to apply them, especially agile processes.
· Experience working on software teams.
· Ability to support 10% travel within North America, and occasional trips out of the country (U.S.,
· Germany, India).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Experience in international and distributed large scale software development projects.
· Project management experience in handling large scale software projects.
· College diploma or bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science, engineering, etc.)
· Project management or agile certifications (eg, CSM, SAFe, PMP, CAPM)
· Experience working in intercultural teams.
· Experience working in a regulated industry (E.g., Medical devices, Pharma, etc.), bonus if in Healthcare IT, and on FDA regulated medical devices
· Experience using Jira and Confluence
challenging yourself today in an environment
that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits,
and a global network offering real opportunity
for growth and
Job ID: 182486
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.