- Lead all production and testing related Engineering activities such as tooling, jigs and fixtures design and specification; custom engineered test equipment design/specification; test bed layout and equipment selection as necessary.
- Coordinate with production staff and scheduler to track, analyze and maintain the complete list of production activities, optimizing their sequence wherever possible.
- Participate in the scheduling and allocation of resources (space, manpower, equipment, utilities etc.) to maximize efficiency and level the factory load.
- Develop strategic production floor and equipment layouts contributing to physical workflow optimization while remaining focused on ergonomics and health, safety and environmental considerations.
- Use Lean Manufacturing and other methodologies to systematically identify, target and eliminate all forms of waste and constraints in the current packaging operations environment. Will be encouraged to challenge the status quo to develop or continuously improve existing packaging and test processes. Will be one of the department’s leaders of the Lean Transformation culture.
- Lead the conceptualization and development and implementation of the various Digitalization efforts to bring the operation closer to its future vision and targets.
- Function as a team leader to plan, develop and implement small and large improvement projects including analysis, justification and specifications to support and install any capital equipment project.
- Liaise directly with the shop floor personnel to identify and resolve issues during assembly and test activities, dispositioning non-conformities or referring them to relevant Engineering resources as applicable, prioritizing them so as to not disrupt the optimum production sequence.
- Provide detailed feedback to Engineering for product and or design amendments that would improve manufacturability, reduce complexity, eliminate recurring non-conformances or improve HS&E considerations.
- Participate and/or leads Root Cause analysis and corrective/preventative action implementation for incidents or non-conformances within the realm of packaging and testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering field
- 5 years of experience in Engineering, Manufacturing or Operating environment
- 2-3 years of experience with Turbomachinery or Rotating Equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Proficient MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Using analytical and problem solving skills (root cause analysis etc)
- Familiar with 2D/ 3D CAD modeling software systems
- Siemens NX
- Extended Microsoft Office applications (Visio, MS Project) and VBA coding
- Familiarity with Kanban board system
- Experience in project management of new capital, and implementing change in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean concepts such as Kaizen, Kanban, 6S, Value Stream Mapping etc.
- Good working knowledge of SAP
Job ID: 182509
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.