The Systems Engineering Project Manager is responsible for the initial engineering design of Gas Insulated products & the execution of project goals, which include cost, schedule, quality, and technology for the life cycle of the project and across multiple projects. These goals would include using such metrics as on time engineering deliverables, on-time execution, engineering costs, engineering quality, risk identification, customer satisfaction, etc. The Project Manager is contributing to the goals of Distribution Systems (DS) Business Unit.
• Consults with customers on technical solutions for projects consisting of Gas insulated switchgear and other power distribution products from DS portfolio, together with Sales Manager or Key Account Manager.
• Responsible for primary review of technical specification of Gas Insulated switchgear
• Drive technical correctness of the design across all phases of projects from inception through completion.
• Clarifies customers´ targets and requirements, and/or specification in request for proposal (RFP) on technical and commercial topics
• Responsible for identifying WBS for all technical deliverables on the project with focus on electrical and mechanical datapoints to be exchanged between different engineering teams
• Monitor and control exchange of technical and commercial data between various project stakeholders
• Responsible for identifying risk on engineering and manufacturing deliverables and effectively managing it across project lifecycle
• Responsible for identifying and managing cost and schedule impact of change request to engineering and manufacturing deliverables of the project.
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders, both internal and external on an ongoing basis.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Document project progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks, and successes to maintain project course.
• Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status.
• Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Manage, develop, and coordinate customer requirements of complex systems and define integration requirements across multiple systems/processes.
• Responsible for creating checklist for closure of all technical deliverables on customer’s site to ensure timely closure of project
• Manage customer expectations across project cycle and lead single and multi-product medium voltage solutions projects
• Direct the work of employees and/or subcontractors assigned to the project including from service, technical, finance, contract, administrative, and Program Management Office areas.
• Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions.
• Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in engineering.
• Minimum five years of Power Systems business experience
• Minimum three years’ experience in an engineering or project management role in power distribution systems
• Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within projects
• Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
• A commitment to develop, drive, and manage projects in a highly competitive market
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers
• Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customer
Job ID: 182513
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.