If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
What are my job responsibilities?
As the Head of Tendering:
- Lead and direct the bid function and take ownership and responsibility for the day to day management of the team including strategic bid delivery.
- Maintain and foster excellent relationships with all internal stakeholder across region and multi-discipline functions, external customers, suppliers and partners.
- Develop discipline specific objectives and goals for the team
- Manage the overall resourcing of the team to ensure adequate and competent resources are available to support business requirements.
- Engage with the Senior Management, Business Responsible across the regions and Sales function to discuss and agree overall business objectives/goals and actively implement these throughout the team.
- Manage & chair Bid meetings/reviews for the team.
- Effectively manage the bid team including Bid Managers, Bid Engineers and Administrators to ensure that there is sufficient capability and capacity to undertake the required level of tendering to a high standard
- To be responsible for accuracy of tender prices and quality of tender documents/proposal
- Collaborate closely with Sales during pre-tender activities.
What do you need to qualify for this position?
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in proposals management roles or project management roles with high value within major companies in either in the rail industry or similar environment, in particular large multidisciplinary projects
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline, industry qualifications and/or significant work experience.
- Ability to digest large volumes of information in relatively short time periods
- Have the ability to effectively work in a matrix organization tasking people not directly under your supervisor.
- Attention to detail and time management and the drive to produce quality proposals within demanding deadlines.
- Good communication skills both oral and written. Be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management within the company and with potential clients, suppliers, subcontractors and partners.
- Leadership, organizing and motivational skills. Be able to inspire outstanding work from multi-disciplined and multi-cultural team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: 182535
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time