The Training Specialist for Smart Infrastructure (SI) is responsible for delivering high quality solutions training for Specialists, Field Technicians, Field Engineers and/or customers. You will function as an expert in providing technical support in the delivery of training programs to meet the skill competencies of the learners. In this role, you are responsible for delivering learning solutions in both classroom and electronic environments assisting internal employees and external customers to achieve specific learning objective. You will report to the SI Academy Manager who reports to the Director of SI Academy.
- Test product functionality in course training exercises for revised course materials to accommodate new software and hardware functionality
- Maintains expertise on knowledge of service strategies, design engineering, installation, startup and troubleshooting techniques
- Tests usability, product functionality and becomes a company expert on new products.
- Setup and pack up equipment for courses of instruction. Need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reporting, tracking and completing preventative and corrective maintenance on assigned products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent - Associates degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Two to five years in a field position (Systems or Service Specialist, Fire Specialist, Security Specialist, Engineer, Sales Engineer, Project Manager) or successful experience in a comparable training role.
- 60% travel requirement for this role
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional techniques and course development utilizing a wide range of media and learning strategies
- Strong platform skills and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with one of the following disciplines:
- Building Automation Systems
- Security products
- Fire and Life Safety
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 182540
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.