Application Architect - .NET
At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do it. A precise place to learn. A magnificent place to grow. With a 170-year history, Siemens has a strong track record of adapting to help customers power the world in times of change, and today is no different.
You will be a part of the IOT Development Services team for Gas and Power Digitalization at our Pune location.
Why Siemens Gas and Power? We help navigate the world’s most pressing energy challenges.
Ø Our Portfolio: Only company able to support the entire energy value chain
· We are uniquely positioned as the ONLY Company in the world that can provide fully integrated products, solutions, and services along the energy value chain.
· We are innovating and co-creating with you to make fossil energy greener; deliver decentralized, flexible power solutions; manage the complexities of the grid; improve and de-risk aging assets; and much more.
Ø Our Pedigree: 170+ years of increasing power access and reducing emissions. We’ve been a successful pioneer in the energy system since our founding. Today, around 20 percent of the global power generation is based on our technology.
Ø Our People: Our team of over 100 professionals is working on the digital transformation for Gas & Power Services and forms a meaningful part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Here is your role. What part will you play?
· Responsible for design, development, testing, deployment and support of enterprise .NET applications
· Influence, enable, align and mobilize solutions across various application teams
· Thought leadership on creating a scalable architecture for the overall digitalization strategy
· Study existing technology landscape and understand current application workloads
· Understand and document technical requirements from clients
· Set up process, services and DevOps tools around cloud
· Ensuring the environment meets security and compliance controls
· Working in a diverse multi time-zone environment
· Develop software solutions compliant with enterprise architecture, processes, procedures and protocols
· Responsible for contributing to technical design specifications and technical design reviews.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
· B.E. or B.Tech. with 10-12 years of total experience and relevant experience of 5-6 years in .NET
· Solid experience designing and developing .NET-based solutions using OOP concepts that include many of the following technologies:
o WPF applications
o Web service development and utilization (SOAP web services using WCF and Rest Services using WebAPI)
o ADO.Net entity framework, Code First, Linq to SQL
o MVC framework
· Understanding of SQL database architecture - data modelling and scalable schema design.
· Exposure to cloud application deployment, microservices, auth0, containerization, Docker
· Working knowledge of message queues, NoSQL databases & caching systems.
· Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
· Should have significant experience developing working production grade software and maintaining it through a git version control system.
· Ability to work across new age front end scripting languages and adapt to rapidly changing technology stack
· Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
· Implementation of security and data protection
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
· Competitive compensation
· An opportunity to shape the future of autonomous systems
· World-class researchers and engineers as team members
· We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas & Power Services at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/energy/services.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 182552
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time